Eastenders Fan Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To Eastenders Fan Site ! Please Log In or Register to post.

2 posters

XMAS Bondathon

James Bond 2

Male Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2008-12-19

XMAS Bondathon Empty XMAS Bondathon

Post by James Bond 2 Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:13 pm

How about it?

21 films in 3 days

So, here, if anyone wants to, why don't you post down comments and rules for the Bondathon?

I'm thinking

Dec 21st: DN - DAF
    Dec 22nd: LALD - AVTAK
    Dec 23rd: TLD - CR

With a 15min break between each one
    Mr.Stamper
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

XMAS Bondathon Empty Re: XMAS Bondathon

Post by Mr.Stamper Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:14 pm

I think you have it there James Bond 2. Very Happy
    James Bond 2

Post by James Bond 2 Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Anybody else joining?
    I'll keep a small blog on how it is going after each day.
    James Bond 2

Post by James Bond 2 Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:17 am

I'm currently mid-way through TMWTGG and quite bored so I've decide to post my experiences so far.

Dr No - It began yesterday morning (about 9:00) as my brother decided to join me for the first couple of films. Monty Norman's iconic theme drew cheers of the two of us, we're off. We celebrated with a couple of bacon butties (yum) before voyaging on to my favourite Bond film, From Russia With Love

From Russia With Love - Now with a belly full of greasy bacon I'm ready for From Russia With Love. Once again, it didn't dissapoint and I loved every minute of it. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for my brother who hated it and thought it was really boring Shocked. Now onto Goldfinger

Goldfinger - After From Russia With Love & Goldfinger, arguably the two best Bond films, me and my brother have noticed something about Bond, he's a bit useless. In From Russia With Love he is utterly clue-less until Grant blabs everything on the train. In Goldfinger, for the first two-thirds, Bond blunders through clue-less-ly getting everybody killed and can't even defuse the bomb at the end! Either way, I enjoyed the film(s).

Thunderball - My brother decided to sit this one out but the show must go on so here I am with Thunderball. This was, at one point, my fave Bond film, it has beautiful locations, beautiful girls, and... erm, that's it. The film itself was a bore and even Connery didn't look as ecscatic as in his earlier films. Oh well, You Only Live Twice should bring back some memories.

You Only Live Twice - The sky is dark, the floor is covered in banana skins and empty cans of Red Bull, and I'm getting rather restless. Can George Lazenby save the day? probably not.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service - The first half of the film wasn't anywhere near as good as I remember, maybe I was thinking of another film :? . Anyway, it then goes a bit mental with an extended chase on skis, four wheels and finally a toboggan! We then come to a bit of genuine bit of emotion after Tracy - remember her? - gets married, only to be swiss-cheesed. If it was trimmed down a little and had Sean Connery this could well be a stone-cold classic.

Diamonds Are Forever - The day (or night, I cannot remember :? ) is almost over and my brother has joined me after the trash-trilogy for Diamonds Are Forever. Audiences originally got to see these films about 18 months apart, I saw them 18 minutes apart! The film undoubtedly began the rather camp Moore-era but we crave the real thing Twisted Evil , time to get some kip.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:06 pm